Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm Inspired By..... Philippe Genty

Happy Spring Break! Who doesn’t love coming across wonderful surprises like these when you’re doing aimless/curious research at 3am on a holiday? Or, any other random time?

I’ve recently discovered (for myself, at least) the visual theatre visionary, Philippe Genty. I appreciate his incorporation of puppetry, costume, color, lighting, set, crafts, sculpture, movement, sound, everything! in his wordless yet, key word here, visual, theatre.

I could go on about my appreciation for this gentleman’s work and our studies/profession. But I am saving that for the personal statement. :) Gushing, I really love what we get to do...

What are some random gems/happy accidents you've stumbled upon while doing research? And, in addition to our local talented professors and colleagues of course, Who else inspires you?








(photos of Genty's work via all over)

1 comment:

L.Slanina said...

thanks, Arlene! cool stuff!